2004 NATIONAL DOLPHIN 5355 CLASS A 36' MOTORHOME - 2 SLIDES
WORKHORSE CHASSIS - CHEVY VORTEC 8.1 GAS ENGINE
TRANSFERABLE EXTENDED WARRANTY GOOD UNTIL 12//2011
|Why we choose this particular motorhome over all the others for full-timing:
The three (3) compartments are separated by SOLID sliding doors
Two leather captain's chairs swivel to face living area, with pullout desk for navigator.
Storage bays are lighted, have electric outlets, two latches, & one area goes through full width of RV
Microwave/Convention oven allowed us to have extra drawer storage for kitchen gear.
4 door, 12 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer with ice maker (automatically shifts between AC and LP)
Workhorse Chassis and Chevy Vortec engine.for power, reliability, endurance, and service.
We owned this Class A motorhome in Class A condition and traveled in it for a year and a half. Like the
used car, owned by the little old lady who only drove it once a week to church, we have been around a
while and didn't try driving it in the mountains. It has the power to do so, but we were more concerned
about the downhill part - too many stories of burned-out brakes. We didn't tow as our car is All Wheel
Drive and we didn't want to drag a full trailer to carry it. We rented cars where the going was tough, Estes
Park, Pikes Peak, etc. and were thankful they weren't ours. All recommended servicing was observed.
Why we choose THIS RV for full-timing – the amenities, in order of our priorities:
1. Three distinct compartments: living, bath/laundry, and sleeping each one separated by SOLID sliding
doors for privacy and quiet. TV in l.r.; TV outlet in bedroom.
2. Two slides: 15’ for sofa and dinette area; 10’ for Queen bed area.
3. Oak cabinetry throughout with generous storage space and brass handles
4. Bath area has toilet compartment separate from sink area & glass-enclosed shower with seat and hand
5. Furnace: AC or LP – one unit runs air conditioner and heat. In bay, not on roof – vented throughout.
6. Driver’s and passenger’s chairs turn to face living room area, plus swivel lounge chair and footstool.
7. Buffet console; Corian top, cabinets above & below; beveled mirror background – feels spacious.
8. Galley – Corian counters; flip-top over 3 burner Wedgewood VisionLP gas stove. GE Profile
Microwave/convection oven above. (3 storage drawers instead of regular oven)
9. Plenty of drawers and shelves for full-time cooking, baking, etc.
10. Incredible 12 cubic foot 4-door freezer/fridge (Norcold) Automatically switches from AC to LP.
11. Day/Night fabric shades on all windows, plus venetian blinds in bath and galley, front privacy curtain
12. Fan-Tastic ceiling fan; blows in or out and shuts its hatch if hit by rain.
13. Built-in Majestic washer/dryer – a luxury that’s become a favorite feature; clean clothes every day!
14. Plenty of storage space in large bays having two latches (not one), lighting, and AC outlets.
15. Full length drawers underneath dinette bench with hinged door
16. Sleeps 6: Master queen bed; 2 on sofa bed; 2 on converted dinette
17. Plenty of lights: spots, ceiling, entry, in bays, indirect, florescent, incandescent, and halogen
When full-timing for an indefinite period of time, THIS IS HOME! We needed room for favorite cookware;
cookbooks; CDs & DVDs; photo equipment & computer; clothes for all seasons; medical supplies; files, and
art equipment (easel & canvas, plus paints for both of us.)
Why we chose this RV for its mechanical excellence:
1. Workhorse Chassis – Model #W22 - reliable, steady, recommended by most mechnics
2. Chevrolet Vortec 8.1 engine; Automatic Allison transmission with overdrive; more power than needed
3. Cruise control; Overdrive; Inverter; 24.2 gal LP tank built in;154 hours on 7000 watt Onan generator
4. Dual wheels on rear axle. Michelin tires - we're told by Stratham Tire the tread still has 1/2 life left
5. Removable Heavy-duty double bike rack on trailer hitch + smaller one on ladder.
6. Hydraulic 4-way leveling jacks - built-in measuring levels next to driver's seat
7. Electric sun shades and rear-view mirrors - mirrors mounted high to eliminate blind spots.
8. Automatic electric retractable steps with inside light and porch light; screen door has dog protector
9. 25” RCA TV with control box for accessories - overhead in living room. Wired for TV in bedroom
10. Rear view camera with monitor on dash
11. Solar battery charger - provides trickle charge to house batteries.
12. in-line GE Water Filter for all water, plus smaller filters in galley and ice maker; spray & drinking water
14. Electric cord (30 & 50 amp connectors); plus utility and sewer hoses included
15. 18’ porch mat
16. 9' x 13' x 7' screen house (with carrying case)
NOTE: Re extended warranty. When National went out of business, we were concerned about parts,
etc. Not to worry - all parts are made by others (GE, Norcold, Allison, Workhorse, Onan, etc. National just
put it all together (very well, we might add) so between EASY-CARE and ROUTE 66 service, we have been
very reassured and satisfied.
Ready to roll south when the birds fly….
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY
If we love it so much, why are we selling?
Simple: On his next birthday, Cor will be 90 and he thinks if anybody knew a 90 year-old geezer was driving
this rig down the highway at 80 miles an hour, they'd die of fright. Gail's eyes are misbehaving and her
continued ability is questionable. Filling out "new patient information" every time they go to a doctor gets
tiresome. They miss their two Ikea chairs with footstools pulled up to the electric fireplace, and think it's
time to settle in. They found a lovely town, Exeter, NH and decided to make it home. End of story.
Cor on the roof in
TX - he can't do
burner LP cooktop
12 cf gas/elec fridge
& freezer; ice maker,
in back - washer/dryer
Sink; glass shower
with seat; skylight,
vent over sink.
looking forward to
(can be rotated)
Sofa opened to
show how it works -
folds out flat.
We have taken all our "stuff" out of it, and it's ready to roll!!!! 603-667-7276; Gail & Cor Hunter
|Just Added: Winterized and Detailed and Waxed